Maintenance Choice pharmacy program
The Maintenance Choice pharmacy program offers more convenience for filling maintenance prescriptions (medicine taken regularly for long-term therapy or chronic conditions).
Note: this program only applies to maintenance medications. You can still fill 30-day non-maintenance prescriptions at any Health Net contracted pharmacy.
How it works
After the third fill of a maintenance medication at a network retail pharmacy, you are required to receive future refills (90-day supply) using either the CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy or your local CVS Pharmacy retail store. The choice is up to you. The copayment is the same either way.
You can get your maintenance medications by either:
- Using the CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy.
- Complete and mail in the CVS Caremark order form (PDF).
- Call or have your doctor call 1-800-875-0867. Be sure to have the medication name and your doctor's information handy:
- Phone number.
- Fax number (if available).
- Ordering online. Register or log in to our website. Under My Prescriptions, click on Pharmacy resources and choose New Mail Order Prescription. Select Request a new prescription. The mail order pharmacy will contact your doctor to get a prescription for up to a 90-day supply.
- Going to your local CVS Pharmacy.
Either option saves you money! And provides you with a 90-day supply for just two copayments.
Check the medication approved for your plan and find an in-network pharmacy.
Cost savings tip: Ask for the generic versions of brand-name medications.